Advertising & Sponsorships
Reach New Audiences
James City County Parks & Recreation offers unique opportunities to promote your business or organization to our customers! Our programs and facilities generate attendance of over 4 million visits annually, with patrons of all ages and diverse interests. When you sponsor Parks & Recreation, your name and logo can appear in our recreation centers, in our parks, on commemorative T-shirts and on our website.
Half-page and full-page ads are available in the online version of our Destination Recreation brochure. Your advertising dollars go far with our brochure’s long shelf-life of 4 months! Each online issue is viewed by over 10,000 unique users, with over 180,000 total page views. Advertising is also available on the new electronic bulletin board at the James City County Recreation Center. For details about digital advertising, email Angie Sims or call 757-259-5403.
James City County Parks & Recreation offers many sponsorship and donation opportunities for businesses and organizations. Both cash and in-kind sponsorships are welcome, and we can customize sponsorship packages to meet your needs. Contact us for information on seasonal programs and events. Email Julie Northcott-Wilson or call 757-259-5412 for more information about sponsorships. Current year-round sponsorship opportunities include:
Days of Discovery Sponsorship
Sponsor Parks & Recreation’s 8-week summer camp for youth, teens and young adults with disabilities. Funding or donation of sensory equipment is urgently needed. Download our Days of Discovery Sponsorship Donation Form (PDF) for more information.
Dog Station Sponsorship
Help us keep parks clean by sponsoring a dog station, which provides park visitors with complimentary biodegradable dog waste bags. View our interactive dog station map, choose your station, then mail or drop off your Dog Station Sponsorship Purchase Order Form (PDF) and payment. The cost to sponsor a dog station is just $250 per year.
Field & Stadium Banners
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Those interested in sponsoring or advertising are asked to read this quick overview of Sponsorship & Advertising Rules & Regulations (PDF).
Opportunities for sponsorships and advertising will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis determined by established deadlines and/or quantities available. We reserve the right to limit the number of sponsorships and advertisements.
Criteria for Participation
- The mission, vision and values of a participating organization will not conflict with the mission, vision and values or best interests of the Parks & Recreation Department and James City County.
- Organizations that practice or promote activities in violation of federal, state or local law are prohibited from participation.
- Political sponsorships of any kind are prohibited, including endorsements of or by a political figure.
- Participants cannot limit the Department’s ability to seek other participants.
- Exploitation of citizens or James City County staff is prohibited.
- Participants may not condition their participation on the Department meeting certain performance standards.
James City County Parks & Recreation works with a variety of groups and organizations to provide recreational and community services to County and City of Williamsburg residents. Visit our Community Organizations page to apply for seasonal facility use.